Wednesday, July 25, 2012

P. 4

Well that's pretty much what happened on the trip although the end was a touch more exciting than what was described.

As we left surf camp there was a bit of a confrontation between one of the students and myself/co-leader over cell phone use and what not. Lost that one as I had no definitive power and what with it being the end of the trip there were no repercussions, frustrating but out of my hands. At the same time a number of the girls on the trip were struck down with some virus that eventually came to be known affectionately as chunderfest 2012. While this was happening a tree had fallen across the drive way to the surf camp, effectively trapping us so between two locals and myself we took care of that situation as quickly as possible. As the bus ride progressed the virus' effects too progressed, by the time of our arrival two more students had joined "the club".

 After a brief stop to drop off our gear we hopped back on the bus and went to the nicest restaurant of the trip (about a 40 min bus ride away). One of the walls was just windows which allowed for an uninterrupted view of San Jose at night I must admit it was certainly one of the most beautiful man-made things that I saw on the trip. At dinner two more fell victim to the sickness bringing the total up to eight out of 14 students that were vomiting. We laughed for a  few hours about our combined suffering with an unending string of diarrhea and puking jokes and stories, both from the trip and previous experiences. We went back to the hostel and passed out as we had to wake up at 4am the next day to catch flights and officially end the trip. talk about ending on a high note haha.

I'm now back at the ARCC office in Mill Valley, CA killing time before my work with Boojum begins on the 1st. Here are a few pictures of the van while the unpacking/repacking and organizing process was still in full swing. Note the 3lb bag of coffee from Costa Rica, ought to be enough to keep me fueled and fired up for a bit, the best part it was only 10ish dollars!


I'm now back at the ARCC office in Mill Valley, CA killing time before my work with Boojum begins on the 1st. Here are a few pictures of the van while the unpacking/repacking and organizing process was still in full swing.

Just counting down the days now until I make Yosemite valley my temporary home. One month and one week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment