Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bitten by the travel bug again.

I realize that when I post this most of this information will be a little dated and I'll try to get some real up-to-date posts coming A.S.A.P.

So I realize that it has been a while since I've done an update on my day-to-day living situation so I figured I'd do one or two to catch you guys up. Basically since arriving back in Aspen after the Thanksgiving road trip to Joshua Tree I have been working four days a week at the Ute Mountaineer and on the remaining three skiing as much as possible up and down the Roaring Fork Valley. As of writing this I've accumulated 18 days with planks strapped to my feet with two of those riding lifts at Sunlight.

Whenever not skiing or working it's likely that I was writing for the blog, van shopping, talking about the blog, talking about the van or dreaming about retiring in a new van on the massive funds generated by the blog (heavy emphasis on the dreaming part). Or I have been spending a bunch of time at the Pearce household with my delightful girlfriend and her family.

Most recently I have also started working on planning some up coming travels and quitting my job in Aspen. It looks like I will be leaving the good old U.S. of A on valentines day to spend a little over a week in Jordan with my parents and littlest sister to see the sights and git gud an' cultured. From there I'll be heading to Zambia to meet up with a friend from high school finishing up his stint in the Peace Corps for a couple of weeks. After that it looks like I'll be heading back to England for a week or so with a few days in Scotland, hopefully doing a bit of climbing, slogging and suffering in the cold. So if post are sporadic it's because I'm doing awesome things or dealing with massive amounts of jet lag.

Hopefully I'll be back in one piece around the 3rd week of March to do some rocks climbing and more adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment