Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dispatch from Anza, CA

Thought I'd toss out a quick update while I stall today.

As of late I have been spending most of my time in Idyllwild and Anza, CA (Southern CA) working challenge courses and visiting a few local breweries (Stone and Hanger 24) and kickin' it with some of the office staff.

Life has been fairly uneventful with much time spent reading books. However, I was recently given the opportunity to be a Course Director, a bit of a promotion, for the most recent challenge course Boojum ran, which was fairly exciting. This however was slightly overshadowed (in my mind) by my most exciting mountain bike crash yet and a chunk of pea size gravel becoming embedded in my right palm the night before the course. However, all's well that ends well and with no real sign of infection a week later and the challenge course going off with out a hitch I feel I'm more of less in the clear, knock on wood. Tomorrow I'll instruct on another challenge course and then will have staff training a week later. After that it is up to Yosemite with me. My excitment for the valley  is a bit difficult to describe what with a slight lack of climbing opportunities these past weeks between work, injury and weather. Well with my palms getting sweaty just thinking about the potential adventure I suppose I'll go find something productive to do. Until next time.

Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment