Monday, April 8, 2013

Time to scrap the todo list...

I figured since it's currently raining mud and hailing out here in the desert I might as well toss out another update on the past couple weeks. Basically, as with most of my adventures the best plans get modified or discarded. I've joined forces with a bunch of folks from Ouray and the Western slope and instead of doggedly pursuing my todo list of climbs out the in desert  I have ticked off a few and been heavily sidetracked into establishing new routes at one of my favorite walls, the Cliffs of Insanity. So far I have established five new pitches with a few partners and have my eye on maybe six more pitches. It has been super rewarding to see folks get psyched on climbing these new routes, establishing new routes and going on some sweet adventures.

As some of you know and others may have guessed the Cliffs of Insanity is a Princess Bride allusion and so half the fun (that's maybe a bit of an overstatement) has been coming up with suitable names for the new routes with my partners Jack and Dan. So far we've called one Mawwage as it's right next to True Love, one the Battle of Wits and a third the Better Brute Squad. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be psyched to hear them as I'm always making note of great route names.

Dan and I on the Battle of Wits(5.12) First Ascent Photographer: Unkown

Dan on Mawwage (5.9+) FA Photographer: Unkown

No comments:

Post a Comment