Thursday, July 23, 2015

It's time for a new home and new projects

About three weeks ago I purchased a Toyota Dolphin; I felt that it was time to upgrade my living quarters as over the past year I have grown tired of living full time in the shoe box of a Previa that I currently have. Yes I suppose I will be changing the name of the blog for all that have already asked.

I happened upon the Dolphin while walking down the sidewalk in Newcastle, CO and noticed it sitting amidst a bunch of other vehicles at a mechanic's shop. The next day I got this fellow's number and asked if it was for sale, luckily it was. I gave it a quick tour asked what he wanted for it, waited a few weeks and put up with some shenanigans, gave it a test drive and just before the 4th of July I bought that sucker.

It was hard in the time period before buying it to not think too much of what needed to be done and what I wanted to do to it, in the event that the sale fell through. But, when the title was in hand the demolition began with big dreams and high energy.

That was three weeks ago, granted I went on one last road trip in the Previa to the midwest in the middle, but now I sit here having just finished the new flooring and painting the walls, slightly exhausted. Last I'd checked the work tally was up to about 37 hours of work and several hundreds of dollars of materials.

Stay tuned for the final pictures but here are some before and during renovation pictures.

Also, if you or anyone you know would like to buy a Toyota Previa with a full living setup, give me a shout!




All ready for game night!



So excited to have a sweet cooking setup and a fridge!

The above are pre-remodel and the following are during.
Fresh Paint!

Ripped out this ceiling panel because of rot and water damage.

New floor!


Part of the bathroom removal


Most of the bathroom



All of the bathroom




1 comment:

  1. Sam, I love this. Good work! I'm glad I know you, because you are a stellar-nomenal human being. I love your spirit, your style, and your know-how. You're just such a knowledgable, fun, capable, wise, experienced, brilliant person. I think them that know 'ya will agree with me when I say, we all need more Sam in our lives (smile). I will always enjoy hearing from, about, and spending time with you! Rock on, Chief of the Rockers! -Esther

    ReplyDelete