Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quick post from Durango

Hey folks, I just assumed you (who ever might be reading this hoo-ha) are eagerly awaitng the next installment of my momentarily uneventful life.

Quick update, after getting snowed away from Vedauwoo (sp?) I cruised back to Boulder for a bit of mountain biking and some socializing and then went back to Rifle as I was hungry for another serving of humble pie which, thanks to Kevin and Liesel I was served a healthy portion of. Valuable lessons learned that parallel those of Zombieland include limbering up...and not on something ridiculously hard, don't forget the beer and most importantly look good always.

I'm now kicking it in Durango with the old roomies and co. doing more mountain biking and if partners are available perhaps even some climbing. Some van fine tuning has also occurred (pictures maybe to follow) so that I'll be all ready to toodle on over to California in a few days.


I was going to include a video of Kevin sending Pinchfest but it was going to take over 3 hours to upload so instead I wish you all the best of luck using your imagination to picture what that was like :-)

2 comments:

  1. We're still reading this "hoo-ha". Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in seeing the van fine tuning pics. You know me, I always like to tinker with stuff.

    What's the first gig in CA? And what is a "Pinchfest" or should I not ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinchfest is the name of a fairly hard climb in Rifle that my friend hiked. I'll see what I can do about pictures. Mostly I replaced the shelves that were plywood with some pine and gave them a lip so when I go over big bumps or around sharp corners my books dont spill out. I also added a axle hitch thing for my bike (like you have on your trailer) so that it doesn't flop around. I also wired up a few lights that run off of the marine battery so I now have a secure and well illuminated interior!

    ReplyDelete