Thursday, May 17, 2012

Schloobing Along: The advanture begins.

After cruising out of Durango, a few days of relaxed and confused climbing without a guide book in Unaweep
Canyon, a beautiful canyon a few miles outside of Grand Junction stacked with tons of pretty rad granite buttresses and sandstone boulders were just what the doctor called for. With minimal 'gnar' and maximum laying in the sun and drinking some barley pops as well as the inevitable contemplation of my own awesomeness and obnoxiousness and how there is some potential correlation, Jane and I came up to Glenwood to meet up with my Aunt and Uncle and a bunch of friends in the area. We cruised over to Rifle Canyon a world renowned sport climbing destination and a place I'd never been before.
Thankfully I'd packed my pie pan and fork and an appetite for humble pie. After climbing for two days I felt down right worked and plum tuckered out. Still not 1000% inspired by this sport climbing ho-ha but it certainly is fun and I reckon it'll getcha strong. Now to sort out my summer work in Costa Rica/Belize/San Fran and who knows where else!

No comments:

Post a Comment