Saturday, June 21, 2014

Update from the vortex (Durango)

Well, this past month has seen more van problems than I care to mention ranging from burnt out tensioners, alternators and an extra vehicle that just won't sell. That being said this past month has been pretty rad, complete with rafting down the Animas with some old and new friends with hundreds of other locals, helping out with a mountain biking shoot (and also launching my hand modeling career), climbing whenever possible and running and mountain biking with some decent regularity.

I'm happy to report that I have been working with some regularity for a few different companies on the Western slope and have relocated to Durango for the foreseeable future. I have also purchased another van, a Toyota Previa that is a nice gold color. As of yesterday I have stripped it down and built it up with a pretty full sized bed platform. The full run down on building up a van and some thoughts and angles will hopefully be coming shortly. Also, keep your eyes peeled for a post on my mom's site regarding the finances of my van life.

My upcoming agenda includes more work, fine tuning the new van set up, cruising to Wisconsin for my Grandfather's 90th and hopefully many more days of climbing, mountain biking and laying out under the mountain stars. Annnd as always, dreaming about all of the places I'd like to travel to and ramble around!

No comments:

Post a Comment